- Tableware & Barware
- Flatware & Silverware
- Silverplate & Sheffield Plate
- Antique Harrison Bros & Howson Victorian Meat C...
Antique Harrison Bros & Howson Victorian Meat Carving Set
The Harrison Bros & Howson company of Sheffield, England was world renown for creating the very finest cutlery available. This ...
moreThe Harrison Bros & Howson company of Sheffield, England was world renown for creating the very finest cutlery available. This particular set, made in the 1880’s, consists of a carving knife, a fork to hold the game meat while cutting and a knife sharpening steel all nested in the original presentation and storage box. The cutting steel is a high carbon steel, capable of a fine, long lasting edge. The handles are sterling silver decorated stag horn and feel very comfortable and balanced in the hand. Although the satin and velvet box shows considerable wear it is consistent with its age and use. It imparts an air of tradition of countless family gatherings and celebratory feasts.
This stately carving set will most certainly add grace and elegance to any table and will be treasured for many generations to come.
Dimensions and Details:
Knife: Length - 15 inches
The knife bears the maker's identifying stamps (see images)
Fork: Length - 11 inches
The fork bears the stamp “Smith’s Patent" and "Feb 8th 1881” (see images)
Sharpening Steel: Length - 12.5 inches
Case: 18” x 5.5” x 1.5”
Although the case itself is in fair vintage condition, the cutlery itself is in excellent condition less
- 5.5ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 18ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
You Want Vintage in Clinton Township, MI
An eclectic mix of antique and vintage items from my travels far and wide.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.