Watercolor of Female Nude By Eileen Churm
This one of a kind watercolor is from a collection of works by E.E. Churm, acquired from an estate ...
moreThis one of a kind watercolor is from a collection of works by E.E. Churm, acquired from an estate auction in Manchester UK. The Female is in a seated position and seems to be in deep thought. Churm has a lovely technique and ability to create such authentic Realism. This would be a lovely piece to add to your collection.
Churm lived from 1911-2008. She was an artist, as well as, the Clothing Department Head, at the Domestic Trades College in Manchester. The college was deeply immersed in the fashion industry during the mid-century, which is when Ms. Churm did her tenure as Department Head (1956-1967). This was also a pivotal time for the college, as the student population grew, a new building was built to accommodate the expansion. The new Brutalist-style building, by LC Howit, has become an iconic piece of Pop Architecture, and is known as “The Toast Rack”. Construction started in 1957 and was completed in 1960, while Eileen was overseeing the clothing department.
This piece came from a portfolio which included pieces from 1930 and 1931. The portfolio includes selections in watercolor and others in pencil, all of which are figure studies. Given the dating, Ms. Churm would have been in her early 20’s when these pieces where completed. Her artistic ability and attention to detail are clearly seen in her works and give a great reason as to why she gravitated towards a fashion driven career during a bustling time.
*There is some foxing on these works of art, but each is still in wonderful frame worthy condition.
Shipping, handling, and Insurance will always be combined when possible if multiple items are purchased. less
- 15ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 22ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
Kaisend Eclectic in NASHVILLE, TN
Fine art, fabulous antiques, unusual finds that will add to every chic home! Brainstorm your ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Oil Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Nude Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Blue Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Venice Oil Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Pink Paintings
- 3D Paintings
- Purple Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- House Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- Watercolor Paintings
- Airbrush Paintings
- Dog Paintings
- Fruit Oil Paintings
- Realism Paintings
- Tree Paintings
- Venus Paintings
- Drawing/Sketching Materials Paintings
- Galaxy Paintings
- Paintings in Nashville
- Pencil Paintings
- Still Life Oil Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.