Robert Rauschenberg's "Thirteen Horsefeathers Vii"
One of the artist’s earliest collaborations with Gemini, the Horsefeathers Thirteen series incorporates collaged elements and utilizes techniques in ...
more One of the artist’s earliest collaborations with Gemini, the Horsefeathers Thirteen series incorporates collaged elements and utilizes techniques in lithography, screenprint, pochior, and embossing/debossing. This artwork is a signed and number print of VII. The edition is signed in graphite pencil and numbered 24/84. It also has the stamp of famed Los Angeles Publisher, Gemini GEL. The work is framed surrounded by natural linen to allow for the 3D aspects of the work. The artwork is in excellent condition and has been framed according to museum standards. There is a small crack in the glass in the bottom-left corner. The current gallery price for this series, unframed, is $10,000.
ABOUT THE SERIES FROM GEMINI GEL:
"Before the early 1970s, Rauschenberg largely used found imagery in his paintings, sculptures, and works on paper. In his prints, Rauschenberg questioned both the act of printmaking and the notion of what makes a multiple. His interest in collage led the artist to open up new methods of artistic exploration, and it served as a foundation for hundreds of subsequent works. Horsefeathers Thirteen demonstrates an aspect of the artist’s experimental and even scientific side, using the print medium to investigate different ways of seeing and new narratives created by combining specific images. By applying a series of fixed and variable images to the paper, Rauschenberg was able to explore the psychological effects of alternative combinations. So while aspects throughout each edition remain consistent, there are collage elements that are different on every impression making them all slightly unique." less
- 23.5ʺW × 2ʺD × 30ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
- Robert Rauschenberg
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $79
GLOBALCURATOR in Los Angeles, CA
ART & OBJECTS with panache and patina. Shop for cultural objects and reimagined textiles loaded with ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about less than 3 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-14 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.