Antique 1800’s Primitive Shutter
At 71” tall, this massive primitive wooden exterior shutter was sourced from an estate in the “Historic District” Of Savannah ...
moreAt 71” tall, this massive primitive wooden exterior shutter was sourced from an estate in the “Historic District” Of Savannah, Georgia. The patina and wear of this stunning piece of history is completely original to its roots, circa 1840.
It is perfect that this architectural piece should remain in the original hue in which it was painted, that of “Haint Blue”, as this color was created by Savannah residents around this time. The color was born from the idea that if ones’ porch ceiling (and other unexpected pieces outside) was painted to resemble a sunny days’ blue sky, the devil would never cross that doorway as he would never believe it was night, having been tricked by the “Haint Blue”. Now popular and seen across southern homes, this gorgeous color has aged into the most rich patina, contrasting beautifully with rusted metal and iron hardware.
Almost 200 years old and having lived most of its life in the elements, this shutter is in remarkable condition, and while some louvers are cracked or missing, the structural integrity is extremely sound, and the shutter work can be hung without issue indoors. less
- 22.25ʺW × 2.5ʺD × 71.5ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Lissauer Designs in Savannah, GA
Lissauer Designs, owned by Caitlin Lissauer, specializes in curated collections of fabulous finds and hand-made ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Antique Doors
- Barn Doors
- Blue Doors & Gates
- Cabinet Doors
- Cellar Doors
- Closet Doors
- Country Doors
- Double Doors
- Early American Doors & Gates
- Entry Doors
- Exterior Doors
- French Doors
- Front Doors
- Green Doors & Gates
- Interior Doors
- Metal Doors & Gates
- Patio Doors
- Pocket Doors
- Primitive Doors & Gates
- Rustic Doors & Gates
- Savannah Doors & Gates
- Screen Doors
- Sliding Doors
- Traditional Doors & Gates
- Turquoise Doors & Gates
- Wood Doors & Gates
- Wooden Doors
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.