Here are some of our favorite stories from around the web this past week. Enjoy the eye candy!
- Brooklyn Decker and Andy Roddick (not sure if you’ve heard of them) took AD on a tour of their rusticly-chic North Carolina home. Custom built and showcasing local N.C. materials, the interiors are stunning and decked out with plenty of vintage treasures from local shops.
- Chairish Design Star, Emily Henderson, has just announced her second book and we can’t wait. Word on the interior design street is that she’s scouting homes to be styled and appear in the book. Ooh ooh, pick us! (Domino)
- It’s February and with V-day quickly approaching, you might be stressing about what to get that someone special. Thankfully, we stumbled across this decadent Cupid’s Cupcake recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction. Given that the best gifts are always homemade, and the most delicious gifts always involve Nutella, we’re deeming this one a win-win.
- This home tour is worth checking out for the walls alone. Bold and bright hand-painted patterns dominate the walls of this Washington home, transforming it from a basic Mid-Century suburban ranch into an energized, modern family space. (Design*Sponge)
- And finally, this week we’re remembering the incredible Florence Knoll who passed away at the age of 101. She was the design force behind Knoll Associates, the company who set the bar for Mid-Century design with collaborations with icons like Harry Bertoia and Eero Saarinen. Florence will not soon be forgotten; however, since as Kathryn Hiesinger, a curator at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, points out: “Every time you see Barcelona chairs and a table in a lobby, that’s her.” (NYT)
ICYMI from Chairish: